Sunday, October 11, 2009

Orlando, FLA - The Pros and Cons

I have lived in Orlando all my life, that's right a native. I have seen so much change here and most times I am ready to get outta here - mainly because of the weather. I am not a fan of the heat and this is not the place to be if you like it a little cold. Oh and if you like to see a season other than the summer you should not move here.

Anywho...
There are some pros about this place, mainly the Mouse.
You know, Disney World.
You see I have had the opportunity that most kids don't growing up, we could head over there for the afternoon, evening or the whole day whenever we wanted to because we (my sister and I) were lucky enough to have season passes to the parks. My mom would take us there on the "first cold day" or for good grades as kids. I got to go to the opening day of MGM or Hollywood Studios when it opened back in the day.

So, we (my husband and I)are lucky enough to pass these fun things down to our kids. The hubs recently surprised us with The Not so Scary Halloween Party passes. I have really been wanting to go, since this is the best time of the year afterall. And I think for the first time, we are going to stay at a Disney resort as a family. I hope the kiddos enjoy it. I am sure they will, they get to wear their costumes and trick or treat - what's not to love??
So I am looking at the positives about Orlando, FLA on this lovely 95 degree fall day. Yeah people 95 degrees and don't forget your humidity! We get to be the lucky ones who get to go to fun stuff like this and not make a huge family vacation out of it. We will vacation to places where the snow visits and the leaves change. Yeah, I have seen snow once and I was 23, haven't seen it since and I am 30 now.
So maybe we will stay another day or two and wait patiently for fall to arrive.

Have a lovely weekend!

PS - we have had a last minute costume change for the boys. They have decided to go as Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story - now the question is who will be dressed as what character??? Only we know for now!


No comments: