Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hello 20's, where did you go?

The last 3 weeks have been filled with lots of sickness (not me, the kids and husband) and some surgery (not me, the husband) and lots of caretaking (me).
I have been thinking lately - where did my twenties go? I cannot tell you the amounts of stuff (you get the picture of what "stuff" is right?) I have cleaned up this week. But today topped it off. My Lil J has been having "stuff" for 3 weeks and after we went to the pediatrician for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, they have decided to test a sample of his "stuff".

(I was 18 here. AHhhhhh)

So people, I have finally lost my dignity today, I went to do some volunteer work at Big J's preschool and then after that me and the sample of "stuff" drove off to the pediatrician to drop off the "stuff" for testing. Yep me and the poop - crusin' the streets of Orlando.

I eased you into that one right?

(me and my sister - she is still in high school here, I am 18.)

Hello?

I was bouncing around my college campus 10 years ago. Sleeping in, going to class, hanging out with my friends, dating my new guy. Going out at night, and at like 10 or 11, not this going out for the early bird special at 5:00 like we are doing now.

The husband and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary together, not marriage but we have been dating and together for 10 years.

What 10 years!

Yes, I met him when I was 20 and now look at me, I am a carpooling, volunteering at preschool, minivan driving, 30 year old soccer mom. I love it, I really do. But I do miss those carefree days of my twenties (I should say early twenties).

So where did your twenties go?

Maybe they are hiding with mine somewhere.


No comments: