Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our House

I found this super cute house diorama project here at http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/
I loved it and it inspired me to do my own diorama of our house. I have NEVER done this before so this is definitely a first time project, but I love it. I used the photo below as a guide (which was from March 2004 - a year after we moved in - but before Hurricane Charley - August 2004).
Our roof is now different and the landscaping has changed a bit so some of the details are different than the picture but you get the point...
Now to find a shadow box that will fit a 12 x 12 paper. I will try IKEA first.
Watch this is where they will get me, no such size will exist and I will have to custom frame this project.
I am so proud!! I wish I had the talent to put a tricycle and bike with training wheels in the driveway - that would be so cute. Maybe I will give it a whirl. If I accomplish it I will post pics.
Our sweet house
both of my boys were born and raised here (well born in a hospital but you know what I mean). Yes, I think I must attempt the trike and bike for the driveway! Off I go...




No comments: