Friday, August 21, 2009

A Bit Crazy

After the boys graduated from swim school yesterday, I came home fed them and headed right back out. I needed to sign up Big J for fall soccer at the Y, and on the way the boys were asking to go to Target for MORE Monster Trucks.
Figuring I could use this to my advantage, I said I would "think about it" (this is my new favorite line). I told them that if they were extremely good at the Y and on a trip at Joann's then I would take them to the Target.
So it was working, they were great at the Y and off we went to the Joanns. We had the talk in the car, "there is no running, no running away from mommy, no yelling, fighting, punching, screaming - and there is only ONE warning - got it?" They said in unison "Got It".
So we had an understanding, I would quickly go in, grab my things, and leave - then off to Target - YEAH RIGHT!
Oh, what a day it turned out to be...
Little J started running around and all of a sudden I heard a loud thud, then the cry. My baby was laying face down on the floor. I lifted up his head to find him covered in blood. He was bleeding from his nose and mouth. I searched for tissues - something to stop the bleeding - of course I had nothing.
A sweet lady came to our rescue with tissues. After a minute we had Lil J stand up and the blood just dripped from him. It would not stop. So we decided to call 911 - the sweet lady called for me and out they came to help us. Then the Joann employees started helping with wipes, ice, paper towls and of course the incident report form!
I kept Lil J lying down and eventually it stopped before the paramedics got there. They said he seemed fine but suggested a trip to the Dr.
Off to the Dr, he checked out fine, thanks goodness!
I guess I should just start getting used to this now. They are rough and tumble boys, but this was my first major bleeding incident with Lil J, I am sure there are many more to come in our future - but this is my baby.
All is well today, lots of kisses on his nose from mommy, hopefully it makes it all better!

No comments: