Monday, March 14, 2011

Quilting By Hand ~ KJR

I am slightly,
just a little bit,
absolutely obsessed with Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope fabric at the moment.

I have been on the hunt (ebay and etsy and quilt shops and blogs) for relatively inexpensive fat quarters and I am doing a pretty good job with my little collection.  During my treasure hunt I have also become a little infatuated with Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy.  But apparently I missed the boat on that line because all that is left is selling for craziness like $45.00/fat quarter.  UGH. 
I did score a little FMF find on ebay, a good amount of 5" charm squares for $12. 
Not totally unreasonable, right?

Anywho, I did make another little KJR quilt and decided to quilt it by hand,
this is a first for me.

I probably did it all wrong and I used embroidery floss which is probably wrong too but I wanted lots of different colors for the quilting so I used what I had.

It is beautifully and perfectly imperfect!


I love the hand quilting from the front side.
The quilting on the back is a little strange and crooked
and all those things that make it perfectly imperfect.


Here is the back.


I think this little one is staying with me. 
Probably a wall hanging in my sewing room.


Making

craft

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


11 comments:

**nicke... said...

it is so cute. good job hand quilting!

Megan said...

Love this! If you are interested, you should link it up to {Sew} Modern Monday over on my blog. :) It would make a great addition!

LisaAnn said...

I love your quilt! It is so cute and the stitching is a great touch!

Jenniffier said...

The back is so much fun with all the different colored hand stitching.

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow, very lovely! I missed the boat on the KJR too. My friend sent me a few small squares, but I don't have the heart to pay the asking price out there right now, lol! I think it's awesome that you quilted it by hand...I could never do that! Great job!

Kristen said...

Hand quilting always adds so much and this is beautiful!

Kristen said...

Hand quilting always adds so much and this is beautiful!

Melody said...

I love the look of the hand-quilting - I think the 'imperfections' make it perfect! :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

It's beautiful, Kristin. I think the stitching on the back is adorable. I'd keep it, too:)

By the way, LOVE the new blog header.

Jaime said...

Great job! And I love the blog header picture!! I'd love for you to link up on Wow Me Wednesday!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/03/wow-me-wednesday.html

Heather said...

so perfect! I love things we think are imperfect--proves a human touched it with love:)