Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grandma Edie's Quilt

It's quilted, and so pretty.
This was made BY HAND by my great grandmother,
Grandma Edie.


I am so happy to have this.
(Thank you to my Auntie Sue!)
I need to bind it and then it is officially done. 
But in order to bind it I have to cut a bit off as it was not finished.
This is making me nervous.

The quilting is beautiful, the first time I did not quilt it myself.
She did a wonderful job.
This quilt top is probably from the 1930's or 1940's,
and some of the material may possibly be ever older than that.
It is in incredible shape for being 70-80 years old. 
Just a couple of tears that I patched before quilting.

Just had to share!

2 comments:

Melody said...

I love this quilt - I have one very similar that was handed down from my grandmother ~ so nice that you are able to finish it and keep it!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is so beautiful, Kristin. You will treasure this forever.