Friday, March 25, 2011

Project Selvage - My Design

The deadline for entries for Project Selvage at Spoonflower is now closed.
I was so excited to go for it with this contest.
The theme for the design is baby boy.
I think I have just a little bit of experience here.

This is my entry.
I tried some other ideas but for some reason I kept coming back to the kites.
Maybe because its spring and I am seeing kites everywhere,
but when my boys were babies I never saw a kite theme and I would have loved it for their rooms.


And this is what it will look like in a repeat pattern.

Flying Kites

I am so excited to see if I make it into the 75 finalists.
I would be stunned if I did.
These are some of the other entries over at spoonflower.

Did anyone else out there enter a design? 

5 comments:

Brit said...

Hi there! I read your blog and I just love the stuff you make! I also entered project selvage. Here is a link to my design at Spoonflower http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/533108
or it's on page 8 of that list of entries!

Brit
stripedfeatherco.blogspot.com

**nicke... said...

i really love it! i hope you win!

min said...

I did too! Yours is sweet. I love kites. Here's mine. Kinda rustic. http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric_items/new?design_id=504563

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Adorable, Kristin. The brown and blue look so good together. Fingers crossed:)

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Hiya, just found your blog via the supernova flickr group and saw you entered project selvage. Love the kites - I hope you get picked :) I went for dinosaurs in my first ever fabric design...http://inspiredbyfelix.blogspot.com/2011/03/dizzy-dinosaurs.html

don't think I'll get through but I think I'm now addicted to Spoonflower and I keep wanting to order my own fabric (which could get expensive!)