Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Floridian

I am a Floridian, a true Floridian.
Born and raised here along with my dad
(my mom moved here when she was very little so really that counts too)
Grandparents, etc.

My first son was born in the same hospital where I was born.
My babies went to the same preschool I went to and my first born is also going to the same elementary school that I went to,
and it will probably be the same for middle and high school.

So really I am a Floridian.
Sometimes I hate it here, and sometimes I love it here.
This is one of the love times.

Spring is here,
the time when we are not hibernating from the
sweltering heat and humidity of the summer.
We are outside all day long.
Playdates at parks, practice, bike rides, running around.
The time of year when you drive and that sunroof is open, the windows are down and the music is loud.
And you drive to school and Publix includes this


EVERYWHERE!
I think these yellow ones are gorgeous but there is this one pink tree a few streets away that is amazing.


This really is the best time of year to be in Florida.
My little one is still in preschool so he is home part of the week.
I wanted him to see these colors and smell spring.




The next few weeks will have lots of flops floppin'

Soccer Saturdays
along with practice and a new sport once a week for both boys,
tennis.

Toes in the sand

Fairs

Spring break

and the Plant City strawberries are good

It really is

But as fast as it comes in, it leaves.
Don't Blink.

3 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

(Sigh)... I still have some snow on the ground and lots and lots of MUD! I won't see anything like that for a while longer. Can't wait:)

just call me jo said...

Ahh! Arizona's temps are nice now, but we don't have as many lovely blossoms or greenery--and no true beaches. I realize it beats snow, but...ah for living things, not just gravel and dirt and cactus. (which do, by the way, have blossoms)

Unknown said...

I'm not blinking! Perfect weather for our friends from Montana who are here....love this time.
I'm almost a Floridian too.