Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May 24th

I am so glad that I wrote my previous post about my loves.  
My boys truly are my loves.
I am glad that I have this blog to write about our happy times, our milestones and yes even my crafts and quilting.
I am glad that I can share silly pictures and write about our happenings.
(a surprise picture taken by the husband - morning snuggles with mommy)

We had something happen the day after my last post. 
May 24th 
Something that could have changed our lives and our family forever.
We were hurt, physically and emotionally.
And we will be hurt for awhile because of what happened.

We went out to dinner as a family. 
We were leaving the restaurant and waiting for my husband and Joey to go to the bathroom.  Me and my little one were waiting for them in the lobby.
Somthing popped. 
Something really loud.
Something I have never heard before.
Then I saw blood on the floor and felt something burning on my legs.
I saw my little one shaking and crying and then I realized it was a gun shot.

We are doing OK.
There are several bullet fragments in my legs and my little one had surgery to remove a fragment from his finger.

We are healing.
We are surrounded by people who love and care about us.
We love them all too.

We will be ok. 
It will take time, lots of time.

But I worry about these boys.
Of course I worry about them, I am their mom.
Summertime is here, I want them to have happy times.
Happy smiles, careless days, no worries.







I love all of my boys, they are my boys to take care of.
We will all heal. 


13 comments:

Maria said...

HOLY COW! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I hope the healing, emotional and physical, comes swiftly! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

You are a strong, brave woman - a mother's love is like no other. My thoughts and prayers are with your family!

Amy said...

Oh my! Was this at Smokey Bones? I remember reading in the Sentinel that a woman and little boy were injured in that terrible incident. Glad to hear you and your little one are recovering!

Sunshine Cottage said...

OMG I live in Daytona and remember hearing about that! I am so sorry. How scary. I hope you and your little guy are mending well!!!

Kate said...

Oh wow. Prayers and positive thoughts for both your physical and emotional recovery.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, i cant imagine, thoughts are with you as you all recover.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, that is awful! I am so, so sorry you and your little one had to go through that. Many thoughts and good vibes being sent your way. (((hugs)))

Kayla said...

I'm so very sorry that happened to you and your family, sending all my love over to you guys..

LittleGreenThread said...

oh my goodness! I am so, so sorry that this happened to you, but so thankful to hear that you are both okay!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Wow, Kristin. I don't even know what to say. I am so glad that you are OK and that the boys are OK. I can't even imagine what you have been through and what you will continue to go through. You are in my thoughts.

Melody said...

oh my goodness ~ so thankful you are okay - what a scary moment for all of you - hoping the physical and emotional healing are both quick.

Sharon said...

We are so thankful that you are all okay...i hope jacob and Joey have a wonderful carefree summer and put this behind them....

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN said...

Thank you all for the comments, I tried to email Amy & Sunshine Cottage...yes that was us. We are all doing well, better each day!

Love, kristin