Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finished Supernova

My Supernova quilt is done and have been passed along to its new home.
My sweet friend had her baby shower last weekend and this is for her baby boy.
And really for her.
She loves these colors and this fabric.

Thinking of you and your sweet baby boy Mrs. P!
We love you both lots!!

I am happy to show this quilt now that she has it.
She was watching me make this over the last few weeks on my blog
but I wanted it to be a surprise.


Fabric is Arcadia by Sanae for Moda
Pattern is the Supernova from the Supernova quilt along.
Thank you so much to Lee at Freshly Pieced for the wonderful instructions!


Backing is Kona Sage, thank you so much Katie B. for the suggestion!!
Quilting is a basic straight stitch echo quilting.


I did leave off of the borders though, 
I wanted one solid fabric piece for the backing.
Its a great baby quilt size.



Scrappy binding from leftover jelly roll pieces.


Can't wait to meet the little guy,  gotta love baby boys!


I think I am ready for my next quilt along...
here we go.
(and the single girl is still chuggin' along)



10 comments:

Lee said...

Wow! So cool! I love this line, and it looks great as a Supernova. : )

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Fabulous! what a lovely gift! (just finishing mine for a baby girl!)

Katie B said...

Yay! It looks awesome.I love this line so much! It lakes an awesome Supernova. Love the way you quilted it!

Unknown said...

Wow Kristin! You just amaze me. Summer is here, let's you me and the boys go to the beach one day, K?

LittleGreenThread said...

Absolutely beautiful...as are ALL of your quilts!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Gorgeous! I love the scrappy binding. What a beautiful gift. Hope you are doing well :)

Eileen said...

great choice of fabrics and i like it without the borders. so interesting how different the same quilt can be. i'm doing a king size black and white one and love making the blocks!! thanks for sharing a darling baby quilt...lucky little child!

Eileen said...

great choice of fabrics and i like it without the borders. so interesting how different the same quilt can be. i'm doing a king size black and white one and love making the blocks!! thanks for sharing a darling baby quilt...lucky little child!

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

I have loved this pattern for a while now but this has to be one of my favorite finished versions! Great fabrics and colors and great job putting it together. Just found you blog and am enjoying it.

Unknown said...

Just finishing my supernova and didn't know how I was going to quilt it. Love your lonesome I just might copy, if that's ok.