Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine Crafting - From Paint Sample Cards

I have been playing with some paint sample cards over the weekend

These quickly became a pile of this


Which became a sweet little Valentine's Day mosaic heart...
with glitter.


With felt rosettes and a little message.


Here is how I made the mosaic heart
Supplies:
Mod Podge Matte
Foam Brush
5x7 Flat Canvas
Paint Sample Cards
Paper Cutter or scissors
Frame


Cut the paint sample cards into small strips.


Cut them up some more


Draw a heart on the canvas as a guide, mine is soooo not perfect but the paint aquares will cover up the lines.


Use the foam brush to apply the Mod Podge directly to the canvas.
Start added the squares and cut where needed to make the heart shape.

Keep going, once you have a good first layer keep adding to give it some dimesion.

I also applied Mod Podge to the whole canvas so that it dried a little more even.
Once completly dry, apply one more coat of  Mod Podge just to the heart and add the glitter.


Looking forward to more V-Day crafting.

This should be on it's way to my house very soon.


4 comments:

Belinda said...

Oh Wow. That's so great! I knew you would come up with something wonderful!

Kayla said...

aww so cute! i love it =)

Lori said...

A really fantastic idea!!

Katie said...

This is so cute! I posted a link on my FB fan page:)