Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's Goin' On


Summer is in full swing around here.  Lots going on - lots of scrambling to keep the little ones entertained.  This is no easy task. 

I created this summer fun jar - thanks to a wonderful idea from Susan, thanks Susan!!

Its filled with fun little activities for the kiddos to do throughout the summer.  They have already drawn "go feed the horses carrots", "play a board game", "read a book" , and today's choice, "go swimming".

The boys seem to love it and draw a new activity each morning - very exciting!



And I don't think I have introduced my sweet Mother's Day gift. 
This is Lulu.



See, her name right there!  This was CRAZY because I told the husband that I wanted a pink bike and I would name it LuLu, to go with Lola (my car) and he brought this little baby home for mommie's day.  Then he showed me the name and I thought he has it put on there.  No it was like that when he bought it.  Must have been fate.

But LuLu does need a basket as I learned today carrying my market tote on the handle bar while riding my bike with the kids to the neighbors house does not work too well.

Maybe I will try to make one from this post at Noodlehead.



This is my market tote from my mom - thanks mom! 
It goes everywhere with me!



This is my hexi quilt progress, its kind of stalled out for now.  It will be a work in progress for now and I am onto this one...



I have one row complete of this pinwheel quilt.  I love it!

And I am participating in not 1 but 2 I-spy fabric swaps. 
I can't wait to see what is on its way to me. 
I plan to make some little kiddos some I-spy quilts.


So that's what's goin' on around here.  

I'm looking for fun (cheap) summer fun ideas if anyone wants to share ~ I would love to hear them!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi my sweets! Love the fun idea choosing things to do each day. I want that bike and I have a basket if you want it. In Spokane trying to get home. See you soon!