Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Before and After

Wow!  I have not posted anything in quite awhile.  I miss you my little blog.  But things have been busy around this place and we are still settling into our new house. 

I wanted to share some more pictures of our new home. 


First is our dining room. 
This is a before shot in the middle of my parents moving out. 

And this is an after shot...


It is hard to see in the before picture, but there was wall paper on the top half of the chair rail and a different wall paper on the bottom half.  The paper on the bottom came off fine, the top not so much.  So we had it painted over and re-textured.  The wood work was painted but we decided to leave the crown moulding at the top of the room the original color (at least for now).

We actually added wallpaper back into the room.

The bottom half is actually paintable wallpaper in a basketweave pattern.  Love this stuff!  It gives the wall just a bit of dimension and you can just paint over it when you get tired of the color. 
The husband put up the wallpaper so I want to be sure to thank him for doing that!

This is a view from our entryway.  And Sadie looking out the window for a friend.

Now onto the kids' bathroom.

This is my sorry attempt at wallpaper removal.  This is the point where I decided, told, begged my husband to please just hire a contractor to do the rest of the house. 
He agreed.

So here is the before shot of the kiddos bathroom.


And the after shots.  It is a boy's surfer theme. I got the mirrors at IKEA and the surf board towel hooks at Rooms To Go, the shower curtain at Target and the wall art from Etsy.


This piece of furniture is acting as our pantry.  My parents found this antique cabinet and decided to leave it for us.  Since we are using it as a pantry I wanted to cover the glass with a fabric so you could not see the mess of food in there.  So I bought this fabric that went well with the gray walls but the hubs thought it was too much but came up with the alternative to use the wrong side of the fabric and it worked well.  You can see just a hint of the pattern without it being so overwhelming. 

And those silhouettes of my boys were made by the one and only NieNie at Christmas time.  She signed the one of Big J on the left .  I love them!  Please go visit her blog and read all about her story if you have not done so.  It is amazing what she had been through and continues to deal with each day.

And now just a couple more fun shots of my home. 
These are the harsh realities of spring break at my house. 



Spongebob and Squidward visit often over here.



Puppies get caught doing bad things to helpless stuffed animals.



And little boys like to empty all of their toys for a new place to hide. 
Even Mr. Krabs cannot believe the mess!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There you are! It looks great. The bathroom!!! I'll be over soon to visit.
Miss ya!

Sharon said...

wow Its amazing I love it!