Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Winter Wonderland Vacation

Isn't this just beautiful! 
I am a little jealous of those of you who live in the snow, but then again  I was only there for 5 days so months of this...hmmmm, I will have to think on that one.


We went on a big family vacation over the New Year holiday and we had a wonderful time in the snow.  We traveled to Banner Elk, NC to the Sugar Mountain resort and stayed on the top (about 4800 feet up) of Sugar Mountain. 
It was so pretty and the people were just so nice. 


My sweet Big J made a little heart for his mommy.


Our little family at the sledding hill.

Big J loved, loved, loved sledding





Big J making his first snow angel.

Daddy and his little boys.


My sweet little J

Lil J with the beautiful mountains behind him.

Brothers heading up the hill again.



Lil J decided to make a snowman of his own, he was getting ready to stand up from his sled and just decided right then and there to make a little snow angel. 

Our New Year's Eve - me and Big J at nighttime tubing on Sugar Mountain, Little J did not want anything to do with that so he and daddy watched us for an hour.



Me and the husband on our last day.  We woke up to a howling wind and our car temp. said 3 degrees! 
SO COLD, I could not handle that!

But we did see lots of incredible scenery that we would never see in Florida. 
It was just beautiful up there in the mountains. I cannot wait to go back.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristin, you have an amazing family and a GREAT HUSBAND! I am so jealous!

Brandi said...

WOW! That is a beautiful place! I can't wait til next year when we can take our little girl sledding! She is still too little this year to really enjoy it!

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN said...

Brandi, I think when my boys are about 5 & 6 they will really like it. Seems so far away.

And Brian, yes I do have a wonderful husband, thanks for noticing :D~