Saturday, April 16, 2011

Supernova - almost done

Supernova Quilt-Along with Freshly Pieced
My blocks are done and have been stitched together!
Just need to get the border in place and the quilt top is complete.

Here it is,
the fabric is Acadia by Sanae for Moda
(I used a jelly roll so my quilt is a bit smaller than the original quilt along).
The background is kona natural.
Not sure yet what I going to happen with the backing.
I really like the blue in this line so I might try to find the solid to match it.
I have many jelly roll strips left over so I will probably use those on the backing also.

I think I am at a stopping point for right now,
these next couple of weeks are crazy busy around here. 

I hope a certain preggy friend likes it because it is hers.
These colors are her perfect match!





8 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh I love it! You did a wonderful job--I think when I get some more time on my hands I'm gonna have to try making this quilt even though I'll be late for the quilt along =)

RebeccaMom said...

It's gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Cool pattern! It looks great.

Katie B said...

Arcadia is perfect for this pattern!

Have you thought of Kona Sage? I used it in the Arcadia quilt I made, it I think it was a good match. (Sage is a bad name for this color. It's more blue than green.)

Debbie said...

Beautiful Supernova! Great choice of fabric!

Teresa said...

This looks amazing!

Unknown said...

You amaze me! Love it and you too!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Beautiful, Kristin! Your friend will treasure this. Really gorgeous colors.