Monday, December 7, 2009

A Winner and Some more Decor

Hi all ~ did you enjoy Char's ornament today? I did!
Here is my try at it. I used a leftover quilt panel from the MODA Mary Engelbreit Isn't Christmas Jolly line. I had some of the fabric with two little elves on it so I thought that would be really cute on this ornament. I didn't do so well in the crevaces as Char did (are you laughing Char?) so I pinned some ribbon where the fabric meets. I like it. And then I added the bell.
Thanks Char for this awesome tutorial.

I just happened to have all the supplies I needed for this one.

I am so eager to try Angie @ This and That's ornament and Emily @ Not So Idle Hands ornament soon. I just need to get over to the craft store to reload on some supplies. I am fresh out of beads and vellum over here!

This is something else I tried today and I LOVE it! I was so inspired by Becca @ Blue Cricket Design to try this one. By the way, go check out her Mulling Spice gift idea, I tried it today any my house smelled so yummy. I am definitely going to use that gift idea this year!

I found a frame in our closet that was not being used and took out the glass (I considered spray painting it red but decided to leave it black instead). I tied some of these Christmas balls together and added the red ribbon at the top. I also Mod Podged the NOEL at the bottom with different scrapbook paper. Then I superglued the letters to the framed. Finally I sprayed the frame with a little spray adhesive and sprinkled some glitter around the perimeter and there you have it.


I have a winner for the other mini MODA charm pack. I have the Lakeside Resort by Holly Taylor to give to on lucky follower.

CONGRATS TO......
LISA NUSS!
Lisa, thanks so much for being a follower of my blog. I hope you enjoy this fabric. Please send me an email at kristin DOT heaney AT gmail DOT com and I will send this right out to you!

Be sure to visit us tomorrow. Sarah @ At Home with the Hinsons will be bringing you her handmade Christmas Ornament.

1 comment:

steffany said...

I remember these, so cute with the fabric you chose.